Friday, April 3, 2015

An apology and some Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread as a peace offering.

Oh, hey.  Hi, do you remember me?  Sorry its been a really REALLY long time, and if I don't remember your name, and you don't remember mine, we can reintroduce ourselves and start over.  I am Jennifer, I love to cook.  Like a lot.  And once upon a time, I blogged about it.  Well, I am back to blog about it again, along with other things, mostly because my Instagram and Facebook friends are sick of my food pictures.  I am also on a weight loss journey (which, I know sounds crazy after the sentences above.) so you will find some recipes here that are re-done versions of comfort food.  So, welcome back, and enjoy!

This is definitely NOT a health food...well it has bananas, and dairy and eggs....soooooo.  Ok I concede, its not waist line friendly, but its rainy and yuck in New York and my Things are on school vacation, and dammit, I wanted Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread and I am the boss of me.

I don't own a camera, and the iPhone pictures aren't as drool worthy as they should be.


What you will need:

  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 stick unsalted butter- at room temp
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 2 overripe bananas- smooshed
  • 2 cups AP flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the crumb:
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup AP flour
  • 4 tablespoons butter- melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
What you do:

Pre heat oven to 350.  Cream the butter and sugars together, until light and creamed.  Add in egg, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated, than mix in bananas and buttermilk. 
In a separate bowl, sift together flour,salt,baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.  
In 3 batches, mix dry ingredients into banana mixture, mixing only until combined.  Pour out into a buttered loaf tin.  

Mix together the crumb ingredients, and with your finger, crumble on top of the bread batter.  Bake for 40-50 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean.)



Naturally I HAD to sample.  I took one for the team, slathered it in butter and loved every second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...