Thai Red Curry Chicken and Jasmin Rice
Ok, noticeably, most of my posts are about baked or non baked sweets. Well I am throwing you a curve ball, because its my blog, and I can do that. Well really, I am only doing it because this meal is so fantastically good, that not sharing it seemed like a sin....and I don't need anymore junk tacked onto my CON list when I get to the pearly gates.
What you need:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into about 1 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- a handful or 2 of snow peas
- 2 carrots julienne cut thin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste(more or less to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- small amount of olive oil
What you do:
In a skillet, cook chicken until brown on the outside, but still pink in the middle. Remove chicken and set aside. Add oil to skillet and heat over med heat, add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add in rest of veggies and saute until softened. Add chicken back into skillet. In a bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste and salt. Add to skillet with chicken and veggies, and cook over med heat about 7-10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
Serve over rice, or not!