Don't Make These....
No, really you should totally make these. In fact, stop what you are doing right now and make them. Are you making them yet?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (No Bake, and No Egg of course)What you need:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup or 4 ounces) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (i know we’re not baking them, it’s for flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter (I used yogurt)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted for dipping
What you do:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment (or with a large bowl and a wooden spoon) cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes in the machine. Beat in yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter along with the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add all at once to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Scoop large spoonfuls or ice cream scoops onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. You can spear each dough ball with a cute plastic fork or a popsicle stick, or just leave them in balls, like I did. Place in the freezer overnight or until frozen, at least three hours.
When ready to dip the balls, melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan over a low flame or in the microwave. Remove balls from the freezer and dip into warm chocolate. Return to the lined cookie sheet and return to the freezer to harden. Serve cold from the freezer.
P.S. Recipe from Joy the Baker. You should check out her Blog, its freaking heaven on your screen.